Sunday, March 1, 2009

Seedy Saturday

On Saturday afternoon I dropped by Toronto's Seedy Saturday which took place this year at the Artscape Wychwood Barns. What a huge, enthusiastic (and mostly young) crowd. It was shoulder to shoulder as people from around town came by to purchase or swap seeds for this year's spring planting. There were also many other environmentally friendly booths at the event. There were a number of workshops which I ended up not attending.


I was really glad to run into Greg Hagan, OPSEU's native plant advisor and my mentor and hero when it comes to anything to with indigenous plants. Greg is looking forward to moving the native plant gardens at OPSEU forward in 2009.

You can find more pictures and a detailed report of Seedy Saturday on the TasteTO website.

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites All-Blogs.net directory Add to Bloglines Who links to me?