Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Restaurant goes green

No, I'm not talking about a new salad bar. The Brick Ridge Restaurant in Mount Airy, Maryland has installed a Skystream wind turbine.

The Brick Ridge, which features American food from different traditions and regions, has integrated sustainable practices that include recycling, composting, rain water collection and biodegradable takeout containers. The Skystream is the newest and most visible feature. Located about 15 m from the road, the Skystream acts as a beacon for drivers in the rural-residential area that sits between Washington, D.C. and Baltimore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

My name is Lara Glew. I've just visited your site and I was wondering if you'd be interested in exchanging links with my website. I can offer you a home page link back from my Recycling website which would be (http://www.ekamo.org/) Page Rank 2

Your link will be placed here:
http://www.ekamo.org/ PR2 (It`s a recycling website)

As mentioned, your link would be placed on the site home page, not on any "links" pages which may be buried in the site somewhere.

If you are interested please add the following information to your website and kindly let me know when it´s ready and I will do the same for you in less than 24 hours, otherwise you can delete my link from your site.

TITLE: Recycling Site
URL: http://www.snaffleup.co.uk
DESCRIPTION: SnaffleUp The recycling web site designed to keep useful items out of landfill.

Or you can use the following html code:

Recycling Site - SnaffleUp The recycling web site designed to keep useful items out of landfill.

Want my link exactly so:

Recycling Site

I hope you have a nice day and thank you for your time,

Lara Glew

lara.glew@lara-glew.com

 
Add to Technorati Favorites All-Blogs.net directory Add to Bloglines Who links to me?